This site is still under construction and will be forever, because every day there is something new in the blogger world. I will keep on adding new posts on "How to" and Tips. Use the Blog Archives. If you getting started, go to the oldest date, meaning the first date under the heading "BLOG ARCHIVE" and start from there, otherwise look under the different date archives for what you need help with and click on the link. Everything will be explained in detail with links and How to's on one Blog, no more researching how to get tips and tricks added to your blog.All replies on posts will be emailed to me and not automatically posted. I created this blog, because I wish I had a blog like this to help me start and save me months and months of researching on how to get the tips and tricks from other blogs on to my blog. (from getting your blog Views, SEO, Advertising and many more) I will create a Test Blog and go through the set-up step by step, with easy to follow instructions.I WILL GIVE YOU MY FINDINGS ON BLOG BUILDING, IN A PLAIN AND SIMPLE STEP BY STEP WAY, WITH LINKS AND EVERYTHING, FOR FREE.Clicking my advertisers, at no cost to you will help me lots and there is also a "Pay pal Donate" button where you can donate any amount, which will help my charities. Even $1 is welcome and you don't need a Pay pal account. No, you don't need to donate anything, this Blog is free for you, but I will appreciate it. Lastly,click one of the subscribe blocks at the bottom of this Blog, to get free post updates to your email via Feed Burner. Please share with your friends.
Tuesday, 15 May 2012
HOW TO BUILD AND ENHANCE YOUR BLOG FOR FREE.: Free Viral Traffic for your site: Do you need more free Viral traffic to your site? Click this link and sign up for free now. It worked for me. Don't miss this one and ...
Monday, 14 May 2012
Monday, 7 May 2012
How to find your blog on the internet?
This will be one of the first questions you'll need answering, soon after you created your first blog.
Indexing by Google and other search engines takes time and some effort, Just keep posting and have some patience. I will give you some links on the end of this blog, so you can fast track this process.
Here are some things that we can do for free to find your blog on the internet?
- Make sure your blog is still live and not deleted and that the URL that you used for your search is type in right.
- Make sure that all your setting is correct and set to public, so its discoverable to the search engines.
- Use the Meta-tags options called labels, when writing your posts. This is little HTML codes that helps with indexing your site. This helps search engines determine under which search terms your blog must be found.
Here follows some more tips on How to find my blog on the internet.
- Submit your URL to Google Here. Click
- You can also register your blog in other Directories that you find on Google search. I used the first 4 page result.
- Submit your URL to Google Blogs.
- Submit your URL to Bing and Yahoo (they together now)
- Submit your URL to MSN.
- You can also send me a link request to one of these posts and I will accept.
Saturday, 5 May 2012
Friday, 4 May 2012
This Post follows on the first Increase your views post.
Here follows some more tips and tricks.
- Be consisted: Post at least one relevant post to your blog on the same time each day. Your followers will get to know that you are a consistent poster and that the can expect your post at certain time of day. Reader likes this and so do the search engines, shows you consistent blogger. this is easy to do. when you creating your post, just use the post settings on your right and click "Schedule" and choose a time (always post your first post at the same time each day) When you finish writing your post, just click "publish as normal and your post will be published on the scheduled time and date. (I have started my yesterday and so far it works good. Will keep you posted on this)
- Search Engine Optimization: When you write your blog posts, remember to optimize your pages for search engines to find them. You must include relevant keywords and links but don’t overload your posts with too many relevant or irrelevant keywords, this may cause you to be considered spam and your blog could be removed from Google’s search entirely.
- Keep your blog clean and clear. It is important to have your site load fast. Readers don't want to wait ages for your site to load. Don’t put heavy banners and ads everywhere. This slows and can even make the flash player crash, this is highly irritating for your readers and you will loose many of your followers. Test your site regularly. Some links and banners placed strategically in places that produce good results is the best option, although you must be careful. Always remember to make the navigation steps correct and easy to follow for readers.
- Automates the process of exchange: If your site is hosted by Blogger.com, there are many plugins that will help you to automate the processes of promotion via there gadgets page. They make the job easier, especially if you’re doing a lot of things manually. You can share on Facebook and Twitter automatically. You can ping your messages automatically so that Google knows you have posted new content. Pinging your blog feed is a great and free way to get traffic. That's why we did the Google feed Burner setup, so your posts can get more exposure.
- ( need more help on these topics, just reply to this post)
Thursday, 3 May 2012
2 Things a Blog needs.
1) Blog Traffic.
2) Human Clicks on your Adverts.
The first you can get links in my "Use Full Links"tab.
The second you will receive from reading this post finished.
To receive money and better advertisers, you need traffic to your site, because you need readers to click your adverts.
For a new blog, say under 1-2 years old with under 1000 views per day, its very very unlikely that this blog will earn you more than a few cents per week.
You spend money to get you blog promoted and get very little results, right?
Now here is my new Idea, since people are paying money for everything els, I am going to make you a offer that will help you in two ways.
HUMAN CLICKS ON YOUR ADS AND LINK BUILDING.
Links is very important so you can get better page rankings and get more viewers/readers. People pay for really crappy links from $50 - $2000 US.
I don't understand this. Ok lets cut this story short.
I got a network of over 1000 followers combined on my Google +1 circle, FB, Twitter, Stumble, deli ect. This means x1000.
-------------This is what you get, min -----------------
1) For seven days, twice a day, everyday, all your adds on your main page, max Ads per page 12 will be click at least once per visit.
2) You get me to post a reply on your 5 recent posts. ( this will generate a link for you from my profile. This is good, because the bigger my following and your following grows, the more we get exposed. Readers want to see were we go what we read and who is following us.
3) You get me to like your 10 most recent posts. If I like your post, this get sent to my social network followers, meaning over 1000 reader can potentially see your post and what I read and liked. They can even like what you posted and so your circle grows.
You Like this and can you see the grow potential,YES?
All you have to do is hit the Donate Button and Donate $4 US, just over 50 cents per day. Make sure you user name is on the reference part of the donation, then reply to this post, your user name on reference and the blog you want me to visit. Don't worry your reply does not get posted, it gets mailed straight to my secure off site email address, so your Advertisers won't see who is using this service.
Free Traffic to your Blog or Site.
Do you need free traffic or views on your Blog? You want +1 for your Sites. You need more Face Book likes or Twitter follows? What about You tube? Need more video views or subscribers? I found the ultimate free traffic driver. No its not growsocials, which is also a great site. Click Here, Sign-Up 4 free. No money needed to driver traffic to you.
Getting your blog viewed by more people.
Increase your Blog Visitors, by following these simple tips and tricks to drive traffic to you blog.
- Post Regularly: The first step to building your blog’s audience is updating your blog with useful Posts on your blog topic. To maintain the interest and loyalty of your readers, make sure you have something meaningful to say to them and say it often. Remember that the content you write is what will keep readers coming back for more.
- Create a site map: Search engines will find your blog quickly and effectively, if you create a map of your blog that updates automatically when you add new content. If you use Blogger.com as a publishing platform, you can use the following plugin: Free Sitemap Generator, which will greatly ease you’re work load. Free Sitemap Generator This is relatively simple manual way of generating your first Sitemap. ( you will need help on adding the auto upload feature. I just reply to this post on what you don't understand and I will help you)
- Optimize the tags: Tags are easily noticed by search engines. To improve the visibility of your articles you must make proper use of tags. Don’t abuse them and concentrate on those that really applies to your post. Tags also help readers find your blog when they perform searches on popular blog search engines.
- Use internal links: (for the more advanced users) When you write a post reminder make internal links that point to the labels or categories of your blog, for example.The main text (text that appears in the link), should include keywords that are referenced by the content that you are linking to. This way you will get the reader to spend more time on your blog and also they will become a returning user if the content is of interest.
HOW TO BUILD AND ENHANCE YOUR BLOG FOR FREE.: How $2 =$100: How $2 Donation can make You $100 and you help Charity. Did you know for one Burger's money, you can feed a child in Africa for days!!! ...
Wednesday, 2 May 2012
More on Monetize your Blog with Ad Sense.
The following will give you a bit more information on Google Ad Sense.
- Internet offers many opportunities to make money with our blogs and websites. There are different tools and ways to do it, but one of the most profitable and effective is Google AdSense.
- AdSense is a free tool that enables to include advertising on your site or blog and pays you for clicks, impressions and searches. Sites with high traffic can generate a good profit for their owners.
- AdSense is a contextual advertising system designed by Google that allows the webmaster of a website, place ads calledAdWords. These ads are administered by Google and generates incomes (revenues) either by clicks or impressions.
- AdSense is a way to put advertising on a website, with ads generally, less intrusive than most banners, and content is generally more related to the website where they appear.
- Once we create an account at Google AdSense, the system allows us to include in our pages a code that displays advertisements, usually related to our content, and whenever visitors click on these advertisements make money in our account Adsense
- Google AdSense places ads on the website that suits the public interest, allowing us to earn revenue for clicks and also provides the right ad to the potential user.
- AdSense is considered by many people as the best way to monetize a blog or website, but requires a little patience and doing things right, because Google has very strict rules about what can and can not be done. Breaching these rules can cost us to lose our AdSense account.
Tuesday, 1 May 2012
There are times when you wonder what to write in your blog?
If this is your case, don't worry, it's something that usually happens to us all. The following tips will help you to write something interesting in your blog,When you feel you have hit a blank. Use everyday experiences. There are many experiences that you can capture and share in your post article. Things that you find interesting and which you think that adds value to other peoples lives.
- Put yourself in the place of your readers, this is another easy way to find something to write about. Thinking about what they want to read about, this will help you to generate content and this generates value to your blog for your readers.
- Try to make your blog index able by writing it like a story. Each post follows the previous post and can be found in your Blog Archive.
- Pay attention to details that are very valuable, though few people do it. If you have the issue but you don´t know how to explain it all, what you have to do is document the details and formulate it first, then write your Post on it. So don't loose any of your valuable details.
- Blog readers don’t read much, so it’s better to write short posts, if possible. If the topic is very large, split it into parts or sections and publish them as different posts.
- Finally, when you wonder what to write in your blog? Keep in mind that it’s important that you address a topic you’re passionate about. Of course, you should generate content that adds value to your blog.
- And remember, while reading other blogs to click on there Adverts, this is just to show your interest by promoting their Blog and it costs you nothing.
Go to Google search and do a search for google webmaster. Follow the instructions from webmaster and see if your site is index and for fault.
(Need help, reply to this Post)
Monday, 30 April 2012
Amazon Adverts on your blog.
I will now explain how to get a HTML Advert link on to your Blog, that uses Java script. Example by Amazon.
- Click your "design" tab in top right on the main menu bar for your blog.
- next Click "layout" tab
- then go to the add gadget on the left or right of your Posting block and click
- In the pop up under basic, scroll down to where you see two blue arrows and the words HTML/JAVA and click this picture.
- Next copy the following Code and paste in the bottom big block. leave the title empty. Try this now.( you can always remove it later.) Reminder, move your widgets around so blog looks balanced. Latest Deep specials from Amazon HTML code below. Highlight, Copy and Paste and save arrangement when finished,like explained.
How to get a lot of subscribers for free, Growsocials.
The next step to get your blog viewed is to sign up with Growsocials.
Here below is a You tube video that you can view or go straight to the link that says Growsocials link at bottom of this post.This site is a must have and you wont believe the results you get. When finished sigh up, come back, I will explain what common mistakes users make on Growsocials in my next Post, or just reply to this post what you like to know. ( any trouble, let me help you)
Remember guys this is a free site, but donations is very much appreciated.
Growsocials link, click here to sign up.
HOW TO BUILD AND ENHANCE YOUR BLOG FOR FREE.: Why I support Charity: I recently saw some shocking video's of what poverty is Really about. I will post some in this page,but not on the my main page, as to...
Help to add widgets to your Blog.
First go to your, press view blog and then press the design tab at the top right hand side in the blog menu. The new window has the Orange tab that says "New Post". Under this is a list of headings, of which the bottom one is the settings tab.
Go down to the "Earnings" tab and click this. Click the sign up for Ad Sense tab. This is to link Ad sense to your blog directly, as well as the feed link you have made. Income times 2.
Now click the Layout Tab just under the Earnings tab and we will start to give your block some appeal.
Widgets, here I will help you setup the one's that you must have.
(Remember you can move them around like you feel, it is safe to play around now with your blog. Just stay away from settings.I will give you codes to highlight and paste to the widgets, but you must change them later, with your codes, as you discover them.)
- We are going to work with the left and right short strips, that's on either side of were your blog posting is going to be.
- on the right side there is small rectangles with the words add a gadget, just above were it says "Blog Archive" click that one now.
- In the pop up there are 5 headings. We going to start with the "Basic"
- Scroll down on the pictures till you see the green dollar sign with the word Ad Sense and click this picture. In the Pop up the first thing you notice is the size (120x600) click on this and change to ( 160x 600) and click the bottom orange save tab. Wait for it load and it will the appear were you clicked add gadget. Do another one on that side by click add gadet again.
- Then you Add Gadget to the opposite side by click add gadget here and save.
- Adsense require 3 allocated advert spaces, which you just gave them. Do not add more than three of these. They will flicker and move around your blog, leaving open spaces.
- Next click the orange tab "save arrangement" top right.
- There are many Gadget/ Widgets you can add and you can play with them, adding and removing as you like.
- ( Need specific help with something, post comment and I help you)
- Next we going to change your text size and margins.
- Under the layout tab click the template tab.
- In the middel to the left there is a orange tab that says"Customize" Click this tab and wait till finished loading.
- On the top left there are some more headings. Click the "Adjust widths"
- Set the top width to 1100px and the left one to 200px, the right one to 200px. This you can change later as you wish. Remember to click the apply to blog orange tab. Your blog should look like this now. click here.
NOW YOU CAN START POSTING ON YOUR BLOG.
Happy postings, Play around with your blog, to get to now how the gadgets work. (Ask If You Need Help)
Next post will be on mu secret SEO generator. Don't apply this,till your blog is at least 1-2 weeks old after your first posting.
Monetize your Blog and Feed.
Firstly, if you had a peek at your blog, you still won't be happy now. It looks un organised, we are almost by the layout stage, where your blog will take form in one simple post. Hold on, we are almost there.
Setting up a Blog is easy and quick, so they say. At this point of your Blog building, you have saved months and months of frustration and you have not even begin posting. You would have been posting and blogging away and months from now you would realize, something is wrong and you would begin to identify where your mistakes was made and after another couple of months you will still be searching for fixes to the problem, reading blogs on and search engine results. You will ether give up or start a new blog, just to do the simple mistakes over again. You will finally give up altogether and stop blogging or you going to have to pay several sites to build you a usable blog. You could spend thousands on this and other SEO. At this point, if this blog helped you and you have some to spare, even a $5 ( 1 hamburger's money, which can feed a child for 3-4 days in Africa) please donate by pressing the Donate Button, we thank you kindly.
Click the "Monetize"Tab on the Feed Burner menu and lets start.
- Click on the "Ad Sense" Google box, You must follow this step to get advertiser to advertise on your blog and for you to earn money. Just sigh up and come back to this blog.
- After you done this we can move on to the last thing we have to do on Google Feed Burner,trouble shooting, please click that tab in the Feed Burner Menu.
- After the trouble shooting page opens, we going to check that the ping on your site is working. Click on the first blue link "Pining Feed Burner".
- In the next page were you have to enter your website address, you must enter it like this ( http://yourwebaddress.blogspot.com/) don't add the www. in, it won't work.
- Click grey tab under "Ping Feed Burner"
- ( let me know if you don't get a "successfully pinged" notice top of page in green bar.) Close Feed Burner at this time.
- That's it. Now we going to do the finale few tweaks and your of to be a happy blogger.
Continue on to next post, step twelve.
Optimize and Publicize your feed.
On this page there is two main groups down the left side with blue link. ( Views and Services) Under the heading "Views" we got 2 links "your feed and XML source) Leave this unchanged.
Next is Service, we start from the first top blue link and work down.( I am not going to give explanations on the different links,because they give it as click the feed burner links.
- Click "Browser Friendly" and then to your right the box with a lot of icons appear with ticks next to them. don't unmarke any of them. Go right down to grey tab saying "Save"and click this.
- Next Click "Smart Feed" and click grey tab to activate.
- That's it for now on the Optimize page.
- Click on main menu that's underlined by a red line, the Publicize tab, now
- Click "Headline Animator" go to the bottom of page and click grey tab "activate"
- On the new page under the long banner with the orange icon in, it says "add to my space"with a choose one option. click and choose Blogger blog and click next.
- A new pop up will open and you click "add to blogger"
- Don't worry, now simply find in the grey blocks where it says "Your blog name and HEADLINE ANIMATOR. Left Click on this and hold down left button on your mouse and now move the block all the way down to the left bottom block and release to drop there.This will be left top of the long ATTRIBUTION BAR. then click Orange save tabe top right side. Close that window now.
- Next is the "Buzz Boost" Here you can play with this later on, if you feel you like to.
- Next is "Email Subscription"Click and on the box that opens click "Activate"
- Scroll down to use as widget and choose "Blogger" click "GO"
- Click "add widget" and on the layout page that opens, click and hold and move down next to were you move the headline animator at the bottom of page. Click save top right side, orange tab and close this page.
- Next click "Ping Shot" and activate.
- Next skip the "Feed Count"You can play with this later, if you like. You can add/ remove widgets as many times as you like. (If you struggle with anything, just post a reply and I will see what I can do, to solve your problem.)
- Next click "Socialize". If You don't have a Twitter acc, now is the time to register one. Click here to open your Twitter Account. You need these Social mediums to promote your blog. You will understand later when I give you my secret on SEO (search engine optimization).
- While you busy sigh up for Facebook link click here. just create a basic account. (Always use your real names,there is space for nicknames after you signed up, so your chances is better of getting listed by search engines.)
- Few more must haves links. Digg, remember just basic stuff now, you can spruce up your acc later
- delicious link
- stumble upon
- If you have these basic 4, your views will go up, by posts to them and building your followers list.
- Don't forget to go and make your profile interesting for your followers.
- On the Feed Burner page click add twitter, give permission to use your info (don't worry, its still secure) and activate at the bottom grey tab, if not yet active.
- The rest you can play with later.
- Next post will be on Monetize.
- Please click my adds on this page.
Google Feed Burner. Analyze.
Firstly go back to your blog settings and "add"your feed burner URL. (How to: on the Feed Burner page right at the top left, click the blue "edit feed details"
It now gives you some info on your feed URL. The third line says "Feeds Address"
Highlight the first part "http://feeds.feedburner.com/" Copy carefully and paste in your blog setting under "post your feed redirect" go back to feed burner and copy the second part next to the one you just copied.(BE CAREFUL NOT TO CHANGE ANYTHING IN FEEDBURNER WHILE COPING) Paste this next to were you paste the previous one under "Post your Feed....") now click anywhere outside the box that you just pasted your URL. Now you are live and you can gain followers ect.
Don't worry,I will give you a secret easy way of getting +1 hits, tweets, even views for free, don't miss this. Basically your blog is now safe to start blogging, but lets make it look better first, after we done the Feed Burner settings.
Click the Analyze Tab on the Feed Burner Page.( Don't press "save feed details")
just click the Analyze tab, now.
On the Analyze page will be your stats on your blog in future, give it 2-3 days to start updating your stats.
Right know click the "Optimize" tab and continue to next blog. Step Ten.
Post Feed Redirect. Google Feed Burner.
The next few post will help you to get your Feed URL for your Blog.
This is a must, because it also posts your new blog posts to your Twitter, Facebook, Digg, extra advertising and most important one, auto updates all your followers with your latest posts.
- In settings, click "Other" and then click "blue ? " next to "Post Feed Redirect URL. The pop up opens and then click the blue link "FeedBurner"
- Feed Burner opens in a new page.
- Follow the Google Feed Burner Sign up instructions and then Click grey tab "claim your feed"
- Then on the next page of Feed Burner under red heading "Feed Title", you will see your blog name.( If not enter your blog address in the Bottom space where it says"Burn a Feed Right this instant") and click next.
- VERY IMPORTANT, Click the second choice with the Rss feed.
- Then click next on the "Let us burn a feed for you "page.
- You will get a page that says "Congrats, your FeedBurner feed is now live"
- Click "next" at left bottom grey tab.
- Next page "Get More Gusto from your feed traffic"
- There is three right ticks towards the middle of this page and three blank little boxes, tick the first and last one, then click "Next"tab.
- Next page will show your Blog Title and that you was successful in updating your feed.
- NOW CREATE A BOOKMARK IN YOUR BLOG FILE FOR FEED BURNER.
- Next there is menu bar with a red line under it.( Tabs: Analyze, Optimize, Publicize, Monetize, Troubleshooting)
- I will discuss each of these tabs in separate Posts, because under each tab is a list of settings.
And as always, please click my adds or donate something to us, thank you.
Please continue to next post.
Sunday, 29 April 2012
Settings for Preferences and others.
The next setting is "Search Preferences" click this tab under settings.
- First is "Description" click edit (this is a shortened description that search engines use to searching and display your blog on there results page. So its very a important description. You must get the searchers attention to click on your link.)( Under 150 words, very difficult one this)
- Next "Errors and Redirection" leave as is.
- Next "Crawlers and indexing"Leave this as is.
- Save changes now.
The last setting is "Other" Click this tab under settings.
- First is "Blog Tools" Don't change anything here.
- Next is "Allow Blog Feed" choose FULL.
- Next is "Post Feed Redirect URL" we will come back now to this one. Continue on to "Post Feed Footer" Leave this blank.
- Next is "Enable Enclosed Links" Click yes ( so your links that you post can be displayed and forwarded to others)
- "Your Open ID URL" should show your URL and leave blank the trusted sites.
- Click Save setting now. ( Top Right in orange tab)
Next we going back to "Post Feed Redirect URL"
This will be explained in the next post. This will be the second last step, before we get to widgets and you posting your first Blog Post on Your Brand New Blog.
As always, Click some more adds on my blog, even if you have click a add before, you can click it again. Please share and tweet these posts and blog. Thank You. (By now you have already saved weeks of self doing and research)
Blog Settings: Basic and Post.
Click Design tab on your menu bar.( How to: Top right, next to post new)
- On the left side under the orange tab (new post) go right down till where you see the settings tab and click it.
- More tabs open under neath SETTINGS. "Click Basic"
- Three Headings Groups opens up. (Basic, Publishing, Permissions)
- I will now explain what you must write and enter in each of the sections.
- First under the Basic Group is "TITLE" Don't change anything here ever!!!!
- Next "Description" click edit,Here you enter your description of what your blog is about and this will be the second thing Visitors will see when viewing your blog, so make it good and descriptive.( under 500 words only) and save changes on the pop up window.
- Next "Privacy" click edit and set this both the questions to "YES" and save changes.
- Second Group "Publishing" Don't change anything here ever!!!!
- If you have to change anything here, create a new blog. (Why, as explained in Step two.)
- Thirdly is "Permissions" Here your name should appear under authors and don't add any more.
- Next click edit next to "Blog Readers" and Highlight the ANYBODY option.
- Click save at bottom.
- You must have your blog set to public, so people can find and read it. (If you don't want it public, you may stop now.( Your Blog will only be seen by you ever and not indexed further by any browser.)
- Next click the "Post and Comment"tab under Settings.
- Two main Groups opens under headings Posts, Comments.
- First under "Post":
- Show at most: Click in the box 10 and posts. ( Not Dates) Later, if you see that your posts has empty spaces to the left and right colums, reduce to 5,4,3,2 or even 1. Your adds and widgets should be as long on the sides of your posts on your blog page.( You can also make more posts visible, later.)
- This makes your Blog look better.
- "Post Template"leave this empty.
- "Showcase images with Light-box" choose NO.
- "Share to Google" choose YES.
- Next under "Comments"
- "Comment location" choose EMBEDDED.
- "Who can comment" ANYONE.
- "Comment Moderation" Choose any one. This means you screen what the public comments to your blog or not. I choose Always.
- "Show word Verification" choose YES. That means if somebody wants to comment or reply on one of your posts, they have to show they human and not a spamming Robot, by typing the word displayed Google.
- "Show back links" choose YES. This will grow your viewers and page rank.
- "Comment Form message" leave blank
- The next two subjects under Settings is "Mobile and email" leave this as is. Next "Language and Formatting"Leave as is, for now.
Next post will be on the last 2 subjects. See Next Post. Step Seven.
Remember to click some adverts and likes,( Facebook and Tweet). It costs you nothing.
Continue to next Post.
Customize Template: Layout.
Now we going to change the layout look of your blog.
- Click layout. You will now see that there is two layouts, Body Layout ( with eight pictures under it) and Footer Layout (with Three pictures under it)
- We will start with the body layout. In each picture there is lighter areas and darker areas. The lighter areas is where you Blog tile and posts will be displayed. The Darker areas will be for widgets( will get to how and what is widgets later) Adverts, blog info ect. I started with the first one on the second line. This one gives you a lot of freedom (Remember we can change this later to). For now choose the one I suggest. Click that picture now, wait to load and "apply to blog" orange tab top right.
- Next we choose the Footer template. This is how the bottom of your blog will look like. Best one here is the middle picture. Easy for advertising. ( and again, remember you can change this later, with no negative impact on your indexing etc.) Click middle picture, wait for the loading to complete and now apply to blog.( Orange tab, top right)
- Next click advanced.
- Here you can set your over all look of your text in postings and sizes of headings and text in your posts.
- I will not change anything here, at this time. (We will come back to this Later.)Click "view Blog"tab top right side. (Don't panic it will start looking like a blog in the next few remaining steps)
Please,Remember to click like and the +1 for this post and blog and share on face book, twitter, by clicking the little icons here under.
Please Continue on to the next post. Step Six.
Blog Layout. Template and Background Customize.
Next, things gets a bit more exciting.
- Now click on view blog tab. This is your first look at your new blog with your blog title. (Don't Panic, its going to look much nicer, when we done).
- (The magic begins) Firstly, you will see on your blog, " Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)" DON'T CLICK THIS EVER!!!!!! (We going to use the better rss feeds, by Google Feed Burner.
- On the top of your blog you will see the following menu bar,from left to right "Search block, Follow, Share, Report Abuse, Next Blog...open.....your email(only you can see this), New Post, Design, Sign out"
- This bar is what you will use the most. Click the Design tab now.
- Look for the orange tab with the word "customize". ( How to: under the picture of your blog. ( not the Edit HTML) Click this now.
- In the grey area on top, the third picture should be highlighted and the word simple should be under this picture. If not, click the simple template.
- Now choose your colour scheme, from the little blocks highlighted under the simple template. ( Blue, Yellow, Black, Red etc.)
- Your basic scheme will appear at the bottom of your page.
- Look to the top right hand side for the orange tab with the words "APPLY TO BLOG" and click. Everything you change something, hit that orange apply to blog tab. (Every time!!)
- Now in the grey area to your left the words, (underneath each other) says "Templates, Back Ground, Adjust Widths, Lay outs, Advanced"
- We finished with Templates in that grid for now and going on to the next one, which is Back Ground. Click now.
- The picture with the heading " Background image", on the right side of the image box, there is a small little arrow, pointing down. click and choose any background image you like under the different headings relevant to your subject or not, (its up to you and you can change later by coming back to my blog explanations) and click orange tab at bottom that says "Done" then click the "Apply to Blog" tab.( Orange tab, top right)
- You can also change your main colour theme on this page.
- Next skip Adjust widths, we will come back to this later.
Please,Remember to click like and the +1 for this post and blog and share on face book, twitter, by clicking the little icons here under.
Please Continue to next post, step five.
Please Continue to next post, step five.
Blogger Sign-Up, your blog Title and Address.
- Easy to follow instructions. NB:Use your Google email to link Blogger and Google accounts.
- This is for adding your ad sense advertising to your blog.
- Choose your Blog's name carefully, it must be relevant to what you blogging about and in a certain way (This was my very first mistake) ie. I made the mistake of naming my first blog "For the global sports fan and the babes that follow them" and if I had known, I would have started a new blog and deleted this one, but I spend weeks and weeks going through how to make my blog be viewed and popular, because I got no views and when I search my blog in Google I could not find it. So I found out my name is not going to get search engine hits, because of various reasons. So I changed my blogs name to " Ultimate Sports and Fitness Blog" very easily in the design tab at the top of my blog page and while I was busy, I change my address (URL), because by now I was an expert researcher ( so I thought). That was an even bigger mistake. Great name, millions of hits on this type of name, but nobody will ever see it, because when I hit create on the first name and address, Google indexed it as a new blog and then when I change it Google did not index it again, because now you have to submit manually to the webmaster and it will be conflicting and Google sees it as copy wright issues, because the browser sees it as to exact to another site or copy of another site.Thus Google wont index it and if you get it right after you created a sitemap, you still wont get hits.
- So choose one Title and Address and stick to it or delete and start a new blog.
- Template, choose the simple template.( Don't get sucked in to the others, this one you can personalize the most.
- Do this now!!
- Continue to next post,please and remember click some adverts on my blog.
How to choose your blog host. Step Two.
Every blog author wants their blog to be viewed. This should be number one or two on your top priorities list, for various reasons. (if not, go home, blogging is not for you), If yes, read on.
After you finished with step one, its now time to decide which host and template you going to use. Again there are many to choose from, but I chose Blogger.com.
And I will explain how to set-up a blog at blogger.com by creating a Test Blog.
WordPress and others are similar and my tips will mostly work for them, but my links to site set-ups wont. If you just started a blog and having trouble getting it indexed on browsers or want to earn some money through advertising or want to change your content, pages or tabs. Dont waste your time. The moment you updated or published your first post, before all the right steps and set-up was done, it was indexed, and now you are posting and publishing conflicting posts and tags/labels and Google may not even index anything you post after your very first post. START A NEW BLOG FROM SCRATCH WITH MY EASY TO UNDERSTAND STEPS and get it right this time.
- I chose Blogger.com templates, because they are very integrated into Google networks, with nice easy widgets ready to paste and apply to your blog.
- I will now open a Test Blog on Blogger.com and explain step by step and with links to other blogs, HOW TO BLOG ON BLOGGER.COM
- You must Follow me step by step and don't change anything I do. Do exactly as I do.( One wrong click or add and you back to square one. Like me, with weeks of work down the drain.
- OK, here we go:
- First bookmark this page. (How to: click the grey icon star, top right hand corner next to the tool/ spanner icon. Bookmark pop up will open and click "folder" and choose the "Blog" folder that you created in step one.
- Secondly the following link will open on a new page( Bookmark this page to the Blog file,this is your Blogger Dash board for all your Blogs) thus, you can alternate between this page for instructions and the new page you busy applying my instructions on. DON'T CLOSE ANY OF THESE TWO PAGES YET.(How to: Alter between these two pages- at the very top right hand corner, there you see these pages "Blogger: HOW TO BUI x" is highlighted ,this is my page,your instructions page and next to that you see a darker, in the back ground, a page that says "Blogger:..." this is your page. To change between them click the darker one. BE CAREFUL, DON'T CLICK THE x (This is to close a page)
- Now I will open a Test Blog and give you step by step details on what I am Doing and How to. After clicking link below, continue to next post.
- Click here to start your Blog.( Reply to this post, if you struggling.)
Please,Remember to click like and the +1 for this post and blog and share on face book, twitter, by clicking the little icons here under.
Before you get started. Step one.
I use the Google Chrome browser, easier to get my blog index and Google has a lot of blogger tools and is easy to integrate accounts.(I tried iGoogle, but messed up my settings)
- In any search/ browser provider, type "Google Chrome", open and set as default search browser, by clicking the tool/ spanner in the top right hand corner, under the red block with x in(closing tab). Go to settings in the pop up page and right at the bottom of page, in a grey tab, it says "Make Google Chrome my Default" click this and under that tab it will then confirm this.
- NOW MAKE A BOOKMARK FOLDER AND NAME IT "BLOG", Click the Star icon next to the tool/ spanner icon in the top right hand corner.Every site related and every account you sign up, like Twitter, your Gmail, Facebook, Adsense, everything, there will be lots more, all these pages bookmark them in this folder. It makes it so much easier to navigate to your blog related pages later. If a page asks you if you want to save passwords and or asks to keep you signed in, click yes.
- Open a free email account with Google Gmail,this is very straight forward. This will also create your google account that links everything, from your profile, setting, sign-in, +1 rating, your follower circles and your Advertisement revenue(via your Google Adsense automated advertising account-Will be explained later) and will be useful for one click feed links and many more features you will need to make your blog viewed. Click this link for gmail set-up. After your email is set-up,click on this link again,that you used for your email set-up and now click Google account on left hand side and follow to create. (post reply on this post,if you get stuck, your posts will come straight to my email)