Blog Layout. Template and Background Customize.
- Now click on view blog tab. This is your first look at your new blog with your blog title. (Don't Panic, its going to look much nicer, when we done).
- (The magic begins) Firstly, you will see on your blog, " Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)" DON'T CLICK THIS EVER!!!!!! (We going to use the better rss feeds, by Google Feed Burner.
- On the top of your blog you will see the following menu bar,from left to right "Search block, Follow, Share, Report Abuse, Next Blog...open.....your email(only you can see this), New Post, Design, Sign out"
- This bar is what you will use the most. Click the Design tab now.
- Look for the orange tab with the word "customize". ( How to: under the picture of your blog. ( not the Edit HTML) Click this now.
- In the grey area on top, the third picture should be highlighted and the word simple should be under this picture. If not, click the simple template.
- Now choose your colour scheme, from the little blocks highlighted under the simple template. ( Blue, Yellow, Black, Red etc.)
- Your basic scheme will appear at the bottom of your page.
- Look to the top right hand side for the orange tab with the words "APPLY TO BLOG" and click. Everything you change something, hit that orange apply to blog tab. (Every time!!)
- Now in the grey area to your left the words, (underneath each other) says "Templates, Back Ground, Adjust Widths, Lay outs, Advanced"
- We finished with Templates in that grid for now and going on to the next one, which is Back Ground. Click now.
- The picture with the heading " Background image", on the right side of the image box, there is a small little arrow, pointing down. click and choose any background image you like under the different headings relevant to your subject or not, (its up to you and you can change later by coming back to my blog explanations) and click orange tab at bottom that says "Done" then click the "Apply to Blog" tab.( Orange tab, top right)
- You can also change your main colour theme on this page.
- Next skip Adjust widths, we will come back to this later.
Please Continue to next post, step five.