This site is still under construction and will be forever, because every day there is something new in the blogger world. I will keep on adding new posts on "How to" and Tips. Use the Blog Archives. If you getting started, go to the oldest date, meaning the first date under the heading "BLOG ARCHIVE" and start from there, otherwise look under the different date archives for what you need help with and click on the link. Everything will be explained in detail with links and How to's on one Blog, no more researching how to get tips and tricks added to your blog.All replies on posts will be emailed to me and not automatically posted. I created this blog, because I wish I had a blog like this to help me start and save me months and months of researching on how to get the tips and tricks from other blogs on to my blog. (from getting your blog Views, SEO, Advertising and many more) I will create a Test Blog and go through the set-up step by step, with easy to follow instructions.I WILL GIVE YOU MY FINDINGS ON BLOG BUILDING, IN A PLAIN AND SIMPLE STEP BY STEP WAY, WITH LINKS AND EVERYTHING, FOR FREE.Clicking my advertisers, at no cost to you will help me lots and there is also a "Pay pal Donate" button where you can donate any amount, which will help my charities. Even $1 is welcome and you don't need a Pay pal account. No, you don't need to donate anything, this Blog is free for you, but I will appreciate it. Lastly,click one of the subscribe blocks at the bottom of this Blog, to get free post updates to your email via Feed Burner. Please share with your friends.
Tuesday, 1 May 2012
Go to Google search and do a search for google webmaster. Follow the instructions from webmaster and see if your site is index and for fault.
(Need help, reply to this Post)
Monday, 30 April 2012
Amazon Adverts on your blog.
I will now explain how to get a HTML Advert link on to your Blog, that uses Java script. Example by Amazon.
- Click your "design" tab in top right on the main menu bar for your blog.
- next Click "layout" tab
- then go to the add gadget on the left or right of your Posting block and click
- In the pop up under basic, scroll down to where you see two blue arrows and the words HTML/JAVA and click this picture.
- Next copy the following Code and paste in the bottom big block. leave the title empty. Try this now.( you can always remove it later.) Reminder, move your widgets around so blog looks balanced. Latest Deep specials from Amazon HTML code below. Highlight, Copy and Paste and save arrangement when finished,like explained.
How to get a lot of subscribers for free, Growsocials.
The next step to get your blog viewed is to sign up with Growsocials.
Here below is a You tube video that you can view or go straight to the link that says Growsocials link at bottom of this post.This site is a must have and you wont believe the results you get. When finished sigh up, come back, I will explain what common mistakes users make on Growsocials in my next Post, or just reply to this post what you like to know. ( any trouble, let me help you)
Remember guys this is a free site, but donations is very much appreciated.
Growsocials link, click here to sign up.
Help to add widgets to your Blog.
First go to your, press view blog and then press the design tab at the top right hand side in the blog menu. The new window has the Orange tab that says "New Post". Under this is a list of headings, of which the bottom one is the settings tab.
Go down to the "Earnings" tab and click this. Click the sign up for Ad Sense tab. This is to link Ad sense to your blog directly, as well as the feed link you have made. Income times 2.
Now click the Layout Tab just under the Earnings tab and we will start to give your block some appeal.
Widgets, here I will help you setup the one's that you must have.
(Remember you can move them around like you feel, it is safe to play around now with your blog. Just stay away from settings.I will give you codes to highlight and paste to the widgets, but you must change them later, with your codes, as you discover them.)
- We are going to work with the left and right short strips, that's on either side of were your blog posting is going to be.
- on the right side there is small rectangles with the words add a gadget, just above were it says "Blog Archive" click that one now.
- In the pop up there are 5 headings. We going to start with the "Basic"
- Scroll down on the pictures till you see the green dollar sign with the word Ad Sense and click this picture. In the Pop up the first thing you notice is the size (120x600) click on this and change to ( 160x 600) and click the bottom orange save tab. Wait for it load and it will the appear were you clicked add gadget. Do another one on that side by click add gadet again.
- Then you Add Gadget to the opposite side by click add gadget here and save.
- Adsense require 3 allocated advert spaces, which you just gave them. Do not add more than three of these. They will flicker and move around your blog, leaving open spaces.
- Next click the orange tab "save arrangement" top right.
- There are many Gadget/ Widgets you can add and you can play with them, adding and removing as you like.
- ( Need specific help with something, post comment and I help you)
- Next we going to change your text size and margins.
- Under the layout tab click the template tab.
- In the middel to the left there is a orange tab that says"Customize" Click this tab and wait till finished loading.
- On the top left there are some more headings. Click the "Adjust widths"
- Set the top width to 1100px and the left one to 200px, the right one to 200px. This you can change later as you wish. Remember to click the apply to blog orange tab. Your blog should look like this now. click here.
NOW YOU CAN START POSTING ON YOUR BLOG.
Happy postings, Play around with your blog, to get to now how the gadgets work. (Ask If You Need Help)
Next post will be on mu secret SEO generator. Don't apply this,till your blog is at least 1-2 weeks old after your first posting.
Monetize your Blog and Feed.
Firstly, if you had a peek at your blog, you still won't be happy now. It looks un organised, we are almost by the layout stage, where your blog will take form in one simple post. Hold on, we are almost there.
Setting up a Blog is easy and quick, so they say. At this point of your Blog building, you have saved months and months of frustration and you have not even begin posting. You would have been posting and blogging away and months from now you would realize, something is wrong and you would begin to identify where your mistakes was made and after another couple of months you will still be searching for fixes to the problem, reading blogs on and search engine results. You will ether give up or start a new blog, just to do the simple mistakes over again. You will finally give up altogether and stop blogging or you going to have to pay several sites to build you a usable blog. You could spend thousands on this and other SEO. At this point, if this blog helped you and you have some to spare, even a $5 ( 1 hamburger's money, which can feed a child for 3-4 days in Africa) please donate by pressing the Donate Button, we thank you kindly.
Click the "Monetize"Tab on the Feed Burner menu and lets start.
- Click on the "Ad Sense" Google box, You must follow this step to get advertiser to advertise on your blog and for you to earn money. Just sigh up and come back to this blog.
- After you done this we can move on to the last thing we have to do on Google Feed Burner,trouble shooting, please click that tab in the Feed Burner Menu.
- After the trouble shooting page opens, we going to check that the ping on your site is working. Click on the first blue link "Pining Feed Burner".
- In the next page were you have to enter your website address, you must enter it like this ( http://yourwebaddress.blogspot.com/) don't add the www. in, it won't work.
- Click grey tab under "Ping Feed Burner"
- ( let me know if you don't get a "successfully pinged" notice top of page in green bar.) Close Feed Burner at this time.
- That's it. Now we going to do the finale few tweaks and your of to be a happy blogger.
Continue on to next post, step twelve.
Optimize and Publicize your feed.
On this page there is two main groups down the left side with blue link. ( Views and Services) Under the heading "Views" we got 2 links "your feed and XML source) Leave this unchanged.
Next is Service, we start from the first top blue link and work down.( I am not going to give explanations on the different links,because they give it as click the feed burner links.
- Click "Browser Friendly" and then to your right the box with a lot of icons appear with ticks next to them. don't unmarke any of them. Go right down to grey tab saying "Save"and click this.
- Next Click "Smart Feed" and click grey tab to activate.
- That's it for now on the Optimize page.
- Click on main menu that's underlined by a red line, the Publicize tab, now
- Click "Headline Animator" go to the bottom of page and click grey tab "activate"
- On the new page under the long banner with the orange icon in, it says "add to my space"with a choose one option. click and choose Blogger blog and click next.
- A new pop up will open and you click "add to blogger"
- Don't worry, now simply find in the grey blocks where it says "Your blog name and HEADLINE ANIMATOR. Left Click on this and hold down left button on your mouse and now move the block all the way down to the left bottom block and release to drop there.This will be left top of the long ATTRIBUTION BAR. then click Orange save tabe top right side. Close that window now.
- Next is the "Buzz Boost" Here you can play with this later on, if you feel you like to.
- Next is "Email Subscription"Click and on the box that opens click "Activate"
- Scroll down to use as widget and choose "Blogger" click "GO"
- Click "add widget" and on the layout page that opens, click and hold and move down next to were you move the headline animator at the bottom of page. Click save top right side, orange tab and close this page.
- Next click "Ping Shot" and activate.
- Next skip the "Feed Count"You can play with this later, if you like. You can add/ remove widgets as many times as you like. (If you struggle with anything, just post a reply and I will see what I can do, to solve your problem.)
- Next click "Socialize". If You don't have a Twitter acc, now is the time to register one. Click here to open your Twitter Account. You need these Social mediums to promote your blog. You will understand later when I give you my secret on SEO (search engine optimization).
- While you busy sigh up for Facebook link click here. just create a basic account. (Always use your real names,there is space for nicknames after you signed up, so your chances is better of getting listed by search engines.)
- Few more must haves links. Digg, remember just basic stuff now, you can spruce up your acc later
- delicious link
- stumble upon
- If you have these basic 4, your views will go up, by posts to them and building your followers list.
- Don't forget to go and make your profile interesting for your followers.
- On the Feed Burner page click add twitter, give permission to use your info (don't worry, its still secure) and activate at the bottom grey tab, if not yet active.
- The rest you can play with later.
- Next post will be on Monetize.
- Please click my adds on this page.
Google Feed Burner. Analyze.
Firstly go back to your blog settings and "add"your feed burner URL. (How to: on the Feed Burner page right at the top left, click the blue "edit feed details"
It now gives you some info on your feed URL. The third line says "Feeds Address"
Highlight the first part "http://feeds.feedburner.com/" Copy carefully and paste in your blog setting under "post your feed redirect" go back to feed burner and copy the second part next to the one you just copied.(BE CAREFUL NOT TO CHANGE ANYTHING IN FEEDBURNER WHILE COPING) Paste this next to were you paste the previous one under "Post your Feed....") now click anywhere outside the box that you just pasted your URL. Now you are live and you can gain followers ect.
Don't worry,I will give you a secret easy way of getting +1 hits, tweets, even views for free, don't miss this. Basically your blog is now safe to start blogging, but lets make it look better first, after we done the Feed Burner settings.
Click the Analyze Tab on the Feed Burner Page.( Don't press "save feed details")
just click the Analyze tab, now.
On the Analyze page will be your stats on your blog in future, give it 2-3 days to start updating your stats.
Right know click the "Optimize" tab and continue to next blog. Step Ten.
Post Feed Redirect. Google Feed Burner.
The next few post will help you to get your Feed URL for your Blog.
This is a must, because it also posts your new blog posts to your Twitter, Facebook, Digg, extra advertising and most important one, auto updates all your followers with your latest posts.
- In settings, click "Other" and then click "blue ? " next to "Post Feed Redirect URL. The pop up opens and then click the blue link "FeedBurner"
- Feed Burner opens in a new page.
- Follow the Google Feed Burner Sign up instructions and then Click grey tab "claim your feed"
- Then on the next page of Feed Burner under red heading "Feed Title", you will see your blog name.( If not enter your blog address in the Bottom space where it says"Burn a Feed Right this instant") and click next.
- VERY IMPORTANT, Click the second choice with the Rss feed.
- Then click next on the "Let us burn a feed for you "page.
- You will get a page that says "Congrats, your FeedBurner feed is now live"
- Click "next" at left bottom grey tab.
- Next page "Get More Gusto from your feed traffic"
- There is three right ticks towards the middle of this page and three blank little boxes, tick the first and last one, then click "Next"tab.
- Next page will show your Blog Title and that you was successful in updating your feed.
- NOW CREATE A BOOKMARK IN YOUR BLOG FILE FOR FEED BURNER.
- Next there is menu bar with a red line under it.( Tabs: Analyze, Optimize, Publicize, Monetize, Troubleshooting)
- I will discuss each of these tabs in separate Posts, because under each tab is a list of settings.
And as always, please click my adds or donate something to us, thank you.
Please continue to next post.
Sunday, 29 April 2012
Settings for Preferences and others.
The next setting is "Search Preferences" click this tab under settings.
- First is "Description" click edit (this is a shortened description that search engines use to searching and display your blog on there results page. So its very a important description. You must get the searchers attention to click on your link.)( Under 150 words, very difficult one this)
- Next "Errors and Redirection" leave as is.
- Next "Crawlers and indexing"Leave this as is.
- Save changes now.
The last setting is "Other" Click this tab under settings.
- First is "Blog Tools" Don't change anything here.
- Next is "Allow Blog Feed" choose FULL.
- Next is "Post Feed Redirect URL" we will come back now to this one. Continue on to "Post Feed Footer" Leave this blank.
- Next is "Enable Enclosed Links" Click yes ( so your links that you post can be displayed and forwarded to others)
- "Your Open ID URL" should show your URL and leave blank the trusted sites.
- Click Save setting now. ( Top Right in orange tab)
Next we going back to "Post Feed Redirect URL"
This will be explained in the next post. This will be the second last step, before we get to widgets and you posting your first Blog Post on Your Brand New Blog.
As always, Click some more adds on my blog, even if you have click a add before, you can click it again. Please share and tweet these posts and blog. Thank You. (By now you have already saved weeks of self doing and research)
Blog Settings: Basic and Post.
Click Design tab on your menu bar.( How to: Top right, next to post new)
- On the left side under the orange tab (new post) go right down till where you see the settings tab and click it.
- More tabs open under neath SETTINGS. "Click Basic"
- Three Headings Groups opens up. (Basic, Publishing, Permissions)
- I will now explain what you must write and enter in each of the sections.
- First under the Basic Group is "TITLE" Don't change anything here ever!!!!
- Next "Description" click edit,Here you enter your description of what your blog is about and this will be the second thing Visitors will see when viewing your blog, so make it good and descriptive.( under 500 words only) and save changes on the pop up window.
- Next "Privacy" click edit and set this both the questions to "YES" and save changes.
- Second Group "Publishing" Don't change anything here ever!!!!
- If you have to change anything here, create a new blog. (Why, as explained in Step two.)
- Thirdly is "Permissions" Here your name should appear under authors and don't add any more.
- Next click edit next to "Blog Readers" and Highlight the ANYBODY option.
- Click save at bottom.
- You must have your blog set to public, so people can find and read it. (If you don't want it public, you may stop now.( Your Blog will only be seen by you ever and not indexed further by any browser.)
- Next click the "Post and Comment"tab under Settings.
- Two main Groups opens under headings Posts, Comments.
- First under "Post":
- Show at most: Click in the box 10 and posts. ( Not Dates) Later, if you see that your posts has empty spaces to the left and right colums, reduce to 5,4,3,2 or even 1. Your adds and widgets should be as long on the sides of your posts on your blog page.( You can also make more posts visible, later.)
- This makes your Blog look better.
- "Post Template"leave this empty.
- "Showcase images with Light-box" choose NO.
- "Share to Google" choose YES.
- Next under "Comments"
- "Comment location" choose EMBEDDED.
- "Who can comment" ANYONE.
- "Comment Moderation" Choose any one. This means you screen what the public comments to your blog or not. I choose Always.
- "Show word Verification" choose YES. That means if somebody wants to comment or reply on one of your posts, they have to show they human and not a spamming Robot, by typing the word displayed Google.
- "Show back links" choose YES. This will grow your viewers and page rank.
- "Comment Form message" leave blank
- The next two subjects under Settings is "Mobile and email" leave this as is. Next "Language and Formatting"Leave as is, for now.
Next post will be on the last 2 subjects. See Next Post. Step Seven.
Remember to click some adverts and likes,( Facebook and Tweet). It costs you nothing.
Continue to next Post.
Customize Template: Layout.
Now we going to change the layout look of your blog.
- Click layout. You will now see that there is two layouts, Body Layout ( with eight pictures under it) and Footer Layout (with Three pictures under it)
- We will start with the body layout. In each picture there is lighter areas and darker areas. The lighter areas is where you Blog tile and posts will be displayed. The Darker areas will be for widgets( will get to how and what is widgets later) Adverts, blog info ect. I started with the first one on the second line. This one gives you a lot of freedom (Remember we can change this later to). For now choose the one I suggest. Click that picture now, wait to load and "apply to blog" orange tab top right.
- Next we choose the Footer template. This is how the bottom of your blog will look like. Best one here is the middle picture. Easy for advertising. ( and again, remember you can change this later, with no negative impact on your indexing etc.) Click middle picture, wait for the loading to complete and now apply to blog.( Orange tab, top right)
- Next click advanced.
- Here you can set your over all look of your text in postings and sizes of headings and text in your posts.
- I will not change anything here, at this time. (We will come back to this Later.)Click "view Blog"tab top right side. (Don't panic it will start looking like a blog in the next few remaining steps)
Please,Remember to click like and the +1 for this post and blog and share on face book, twitter, by clicking the little icons here under.
Please Continue on to the next post. Step Six.
Blog Layout. Template and Background Customize.
Next, things gets a bit more exciting.
- Now click on view blog tab. This is your first look at your new blog with your blog title. (Don't Panic, its going to look much nicer, when we done).
- (The magic begins) Firstly, you will see on your blog, " Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)" DON'T CLICK THIS EVER!!!!!! (We going to use the better rss feeds, by Google Feed Burner.
- On the top of your blog you will see the following menu bar,from left to right "Search block, Follow, Share, Report Abuse, Next Blog...open.....your email(only you can see this), New Post, Design, Sign out"
- This bar is what you will use the most. Click the Design tab now.
- Look for the orange tab with the word "customize". ( How to: under the picture of your blog. ( not the Edit HTML) Click this now.
- In the grey area on top, the third picture should be highlighted and the word simple should be under this picture. If not, click the simple template.
- Now choose your colour scheme, from the little blocks highlighted under the simple template. ( Blue, Yellow, Black, Red etc.)
- Your basic scheme will appear at the bottom of your page.
- Look to the top right hand side for the orange tab with the words "APPLY TO BLOG" and click. Everything you change something, hit that orange apply to blog tab. (Every time!!)
- Now in the grey area to your left the words, (underneath each other) says "Templates, Back Ground, Adjust Widths, Lay outs, Advanced"
- We finished with Templates in that grid for now and going on to the next one, which is Back Ground. Click now.
- The picture with the heading " Background image", on the right side of the image box, there is a small little arrow, pointing down. click and choose any background image you like under the different headings relevant to your subject or not, (its up to you and you can change later by coming back to my blog explanations) and click orange tab at bottom that says "Done" then click the "Apply to Blog" tab.( Orange tab, top right)
- You can also change your main colour theme on this page.
- Next skip Adjust widths, we will come back to this later.
Please,Remember to click like and the +1 for this post and blog and share on face book, twitter, by clicking the little icons here under.
Please Continue to next post, step five.
Please Continue to next post, step five.